We celebrated the summer with Happy Hour, and we’d like to continue the celebration. Every Friday from 4-7p.m. ALL wines at ALL six stores are 10% off.
Looking for something different? Searching for that bottle you tried on vacation? Your favorite glass from your go-to restaurant? Not sure what you’re after, but need some new ideas? Email our Wine Director, Joe Watson, and he will do his best to source your most sought-after bottles and keep your glasses full.
Transitioning to Fall
Autumn Friendly Rose:
Here’s a selection of rose that will be great through the cooler months ahead:
- Domaine Brana Rose
- Gobelsberg Rose
- Leone de Castris Rosato
- Steininger Cabernet Rose
- Luigi Giordano Nebbiolo Rosato
- Scaia Rose
- Paul D Rose
Reds for Summer’s Transition to Fall:
Sad as it may be, the nights are getting colder and Fall is approaching quickly. Here are some wines perfect for the transition:
- La Capranera Aglianico
- Leone de Castris Maiana
- Mary Taylor Beaujolais Villages
- Chanzy Les Fortunes Bourgogne Rouge
- Famiglie Bardolino Rosso
- Comunica Vie del Mas
- Klee Pinot Noir
- Santa Duc Famille Gras Cotes du Rhone
- Chemarin Brouilly
New Additions to our Shelves
New Wines: There have been a lot of additions coming in over the past week. Here are some highlights:
- Two By Sea Chardonnay/Pinot Noir: A collaboration between Vacationland and a sustainable producer in California – the Chardonnay is only slightly oaked and the Pinot Noir is fresh and bright California style.
- Cardedu Wines: Sardinian single varietals of Monica grapes and Cannonau (grenache – coming soon). Really great wines for Mediterranean style meat dishes.
- Capranera: These are our new wines from Campania, Italy – taking the place of the Terredora Falanghina and Aglianico. They come from a zero-emission wine operation that uses water buffalo to maintain the vineyards. The water buffalo also supply the milk for their on-site mozzarella production.
In Our Cellar
The past few months have provided us with the opportunity to reorganize and expand our wine cellar offerings. We are currently in the process of creating a whole new wine center at our Cape Elizabeth market. With a walk-in wine storage cooler installed, we will be able to safely lay down some of those special bottles we find for you to enjoy for years to come. In the future, our hope is to make this a perfect place for wine classes, tastings, and other special events when it becomes safe to do so.