Try out our recipe for an easy Heirloom Tomato Galette using delicious local tomatoes, cheese & puff pastry. Perfect for a summer dinner party or thrown together on a weekday.
Heirloom Tomato Galette
- 1 box Dufour Puff Pastry Dough (would also be delicious with Rosemont-Made Pie dough)
- 3 to 4 medium-sized ripe heirloom tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick (ours are from Green Spark Farm!)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (ours is from Saco River Farm)
- 4 tablespoons pesto
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Slice the tomatoes and lay them on paper towels. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and let them sit for about 10 minutes. This helps to draw out excess moisture.
- Unfold puff pastry onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Spread the feta cheese & pesto on the dough, leaving about a 2-inch border.
- Arrange the tomato slices over the cheese, then sprinkle garlic, and grated Parmesan cheese on top.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, & black pepper.
- Fold the edges of the dough over the tomatoes, pleating as necessary to create a circular shape.
- Brush the folded edges of the dough with the egg wash.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 35-40 minutes or until the crust is golden and the tomatoes are slightly charred.
- Serve your tomato galette warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!