From the people who love good food, our Fresh Picks is a sampling of the many items we are excited to share with our community right now.
Thanksgiving Shopping List
In addition to your locally-raised turkey and fresh-baked pies from our preorder menu, your local Rosemont Market is the place to source quality, delicious ingredients for your holiday feast. Here are a few of the items you won’t want to miss on your shopping list in the next couple of weeks:
- Local Produce: From garlic and cranberries to Brussels sprouts and potatoes, our produce section is stocked with local fruits and vegetables that will make your side dishes shine this holiday.
- Brine Spice Mix from Curio Spice Company: While we believe the flavor of your turkey starts at the local farm its raised on, the next step to a delicious bird is in the brine. We always rely on Brine Spice from Curio Spice Co., a woman-owned company that works to improve the life of their farmers through direct sourcing.
- Rouge Rive Blue Cheese: Your pre-dinner cheese board will not be complete without this award winning cheese from Rouge River Creamery. Rogue River Blue, named the World Champion in 2019/2020 by the World Cheese Awards, is a limited edition product released on the fall equinox, and the perfect accompaniment to your harvest-themed appetizer spread.
- Local Dairy: When selecting your butter and heavy cream for baking, consider supporting our local dairy farms. Spending your money locally makes a big impact to small family farms throughout Maine.
- Pantry Thanksgiving Staples: Organic canned pumpkin, vegan marshmallows, mulling spice, pumpkin spice, candied ginger… the pantry list goes on. We have your quality cooking ingredients at Rosemont.
Local Products We Love
- Dear Dairy Apple Crisp Ice Cream – We know, the temps are dropping, but we still can’t help but eat local ice cream year round, especially when it is a Rosemont Market exclusive flavor. Made with local oats from Maine Grains and Ashmead’s Kernel apples from Kelly Orchards in Acton, Maine, this yummy blend showcases the amazing results of local ingredients + community collaboration.
- Rwanda Bean Rosemont Community Blend – Another Rosemont exclusive flavor and community collaboration, this light roast blend was chosen by Rosemont’s staff during a blind tasting with our friends at Rwanda Bean. Described as bright and fresh with notes of citrus and chocolate, this coffee will provide a sunny start to the cold, dark mornings ahead.
- Herbal Revolution Elderberry Tonic – Made in Maine with raw apple cider vinegar, raw honey, elderberry, cinnamon bark, and ginger root, this potent and warming tonic may help support your immune system through the cold and damp winter months ahead.
Celebrate What's In Season
At Rosemont, we believe people should eat and celebrate good food, in season, from where they live. Many of our products are made and sourced in small batches and with seasonal ingredients. Therefore, some of these items may come and go from inventory over the coming days and weeks. Check back often for updates on the fresh picks we are most excited to share with you.