From the people who love good food, our Fresh Picks is a sampling of the many items we are excited to share with our community this week.
Week of October 26th
Fall Produce Highlights
As the leaves change color and fall to the ground, you may have also noticed the change in our produce sections. We’ve entered apple, pear, potato and pumpkin season. It’s time to turn on that oven and roast! Here’s a few things you’ll see:
- Russet and pinto potatoes are back!
- We have Hosui pears. Hosui Pears have a delicious fruity flavor, an amazing crisp, and phenomenal juice.
- Golden Russet apples have arrived from Kelly Orchards in Acton, ME. The flesh of Golden Russet is crisp and juicy, creamy yellow, and coarse. Clean sweet-tart balance with a little bracing acidity, notes of cane sugar, vanilla, lemon, and pear.
- All of our stores have squash galore right now! Check out our Squash Season blog post for all your squash roasting questions.
As the harvests change, so has our sandwich menu. On Saturdays, you can enjoy the new Veggie Bahn Mi and The Roast Beef with horseradish, yum!
In an effort to give variety to our sandwich breads, we will now offer caesar wraps on Fridays. These are simpler, a bit smaller but still hearty and healthy. Wrap up your week with us!
- Turkey, Provolone, Caesar and Romaine.
- Roasted parsnip, Provolone, Celery, Chickpeas, Caesar and romaine.
Looking for more of your weekly favorites? Take a look at our Weekly Menu Page for details.
Don’t worry, we’ve found the perfect wines to help transition us into the cold months. Our wine buyer, Joe Watson, is constantly tasting and adding new and exciting wines to our inventory. You also may have heard we have built out our wine storage, so we can carry even more delicious labels for you to try. Learn more on our wine picks page, updated regularly, and even includes a cheese pairing!
Place your Order
Many of our products are made in small batches with seasonal ingredients. Therefore, some of these items may come and go from inventory over the coming days and weeks. Please try again on your next order if an item you have requested is not available at the time your order is packed. Check back often for weekly updates on the fresh picks we are most excited to share with you.