Spring Flatbread with Asparagus, Feta and Arugula
Looking for new ways to incorporate more plants into your weekly meal plan? Try this week’s Meatless Monday recipe: flatbread recipe with fresh spring veggies, Rosemont-made dough, and local cheese. Enjoy!
Rosemont made pizza dough
- 1 Rosemont-made pizza dough
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp. your favorite spice blend – we recommend Oceans Balance Spicy Seaweed Sprinkle
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1.5 cups soft feta cheese, crumbled (we love Winter Hill Farm‘s feta)
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp. olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 2 cloves garlic
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Arugula for garnish
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Flour for dusting
Let dough rise in it’s bag at room temperature for 30 to 50 minutes. When you’re ready to make the pizza, preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Dust your countertop with flour. Place dough on top of flour, coating each side. Begin stretching the dough by pinching the outside in a circular motion. As the dough enlarges, alternate between pinching the dough with your fingers, pressing it out on your work surface, and using your knuckles to pull the dough from underneath in an outward motion. When the dough is stretched to about 12 inches, transfer it to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and a light drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake the dough in the oven at 450 degrees for 5 minutes. During this time, prep your toppings.
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive in pan and sauté asparagus and red onion for 2-3 minutes.
- Take out the dough and preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Mince garlic and combine with ¼ cup olive oil. Brush olive oil and garlic all over the dough. Add asparagus, red onion and feta. Sprinkle with salt and spice blend.
- Bake the pizza at 500 degrees for 7-10 minutes, removing when the cheese has melted.
- Lightly dress the arugula with lemon juice and black pepper. Top flatbread with dressed arugula and serve!