You’ve had peach crisp and peach pie but have you tried a caramelized peach a la mode? It’s the perfect way to highlight the sweet flavor of this years local crop. Maine peaches are arriving daily to our markets from Brackett’s Orchard and Kelly’s Orchard. Grab a handful on your next visit and whip up this show stopping dessert in less than 10 minutes.
Caramelized Peaches a La Mode
- Peaches – 1 per guest
- Ice cream – we recommend Salty Honey from Parlor Ice Cream
- Balsamic reduction – we recommend Cattani Olivewood Balsamic
- Fresh mint to garnish
- Slice a local peach in half and remove the pit.
- Spread white sugar out on a plate and dip the flesh of the peach to completely cover.
- Pan sear flesh side down using butter until sugars caramelize ( a kitchen safe blowtorch is also an option).
- Serve peaches with Parlor Ice Cream.
- Drizzle Cattani Olivewood Balsamic and garnish with fresh mint.