We are feelin’ peachy! Enjoy a locally grown peach available in all of our markets. Grown here in Maine at Brackett’s Orchard and Kelly’s Orchard, these peaches are delicious and juicy on their own or in a spicy salsa. Follow the simple cucmber peach salsa recipe below for an easy weeknight appetizer or as a topping on your favorite protein.
Local Cucumber Peach Salsa
- 2 cups diced peaches
- 1 cup diced cucumber – Olivia’s Garden
- ¾ cup diced poblano pepper – Goranson Farm
- 1 diced jalapeño pepper (seeds removed if a milder salsa is preferred) – Stonecipher Farm
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro – Two Farmers Farm
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons local honey – Maya’s Apiary
- Salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Enjoy on grilled meat or fish or with tortilla chips.