Rosemont’s Roasted Chicken
When it gets this cold, we are reaching for our comfort food. What’s more comforting than a delicious roasted local chicken?
- 1 whole chicken – we recommend Tide Mill Farm chickens
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil – We recommend Olive Harvest
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Rinse you chicken and pat dry. This will help to achieve a crispy skin!
- Rub salt, pepper and oil inside and outside of the bird.
- Place in a cast iron pan and bake breast side down until the leg bone comes loose from the joint when gently tugged.
- Roasting upside-down causes all of the juices to drip into the pan and baste the breasts as it roasts. It also renders the skin nicely.
Try rubbing your chicken with one of the Signature Spice Blends from Curio Spice Company.