Looking for something to do with your leftover corned beef from St. Patrick’s Day? Our Kitchen Manager, Cece, has pulled together this delicious recipe to enjoy the morning after.
- 2 or 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 to 3 cups cooked corned beef, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 cups chopped cooked potatoes, preferably Yukon gold
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Parsley for garnish
- Heat butter in a large skillet (cast iron is best, but any pan will work) on medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook a few minutes, until the onions are translucent.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in the potatoes and corned beef. Increase the heat to medium high and press down on the mixture with a spatula.
- Try not to stir often to let everything brown. If there is too much sticking, you can add a little more butter to the pan.
- Continue to cook until the potatoes and the corned beef are nicely browned, about 15 – 20 mins.
- Remove from heat and add scallion and parsley garnish.
- Serve with fried or poached eggs for breakfast.